Index Investing News
Saturday, May 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Home
  • World
  • Investing
  • Financial
  • Economy
  • Markets
  • Stocks
  • Crypto
  • Property
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Home
  • World
  • Investing
  • Financial
  • Economy
  • Markets
  • Stocks
  • Crypto
  • Property
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
Index Investing News
No Result
View All Result

Arsenal transfer news: Gunners’ £70m bid for Moises Caicedo rejected by Brighton | Football News

by Index Investing News
January 30, 2023
in Sport
Reading Time: 5 mins read
A A
0
Home Sport
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Arsenal have had their fresh £70m bid for midfielder Moises Caicedo rejected by Brighton.

Brighton’s stance remains unchanged and the midfielder is not for sale in January, with the window set to shut on Tuesday at 11pm. Sky Sports News has been told their position will not change.

Had the Seagulls accepted Arsenal’s latest offer for the 21-year-old it would have been a club-record transfer, surpassing the £60m sale of Marc Cucurella to Chelsea in the summer.

The Gunners also had their initial £60m offer for Caicedo rejected, which prompted the Colombia international to plead with Brighton to let him leave and join the Premier League leaders in a statement on social media.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

The Soccer Saturday team have their say on Moises Caicedo’s potential transfer to Arsenal and analyse his best moments in a Brighton shirt.

Caicedo, who said to Brighton’s official website that he was focused solely on his current club just last week, was told to stay away from training with the Seagulls until after Tuesday’s transfer deadline following his Instagram post.

Leandro Trossard has already swapped Brighton for Arsenal in the current window in a deal worth £27m.

De Zerbi: Brighton ready to go forward without Caicedo

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player


Brighton boss De Zerbi

Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi insists that Moises Caicedo is a ‘very good guy’, but says it was a ‘mistake’ for the midfielder to publically state his desire to leave the club.

Brighton head coach Roberto De Zerbi wants Caicedo to stay at Brighton until the end of the season but says the club are “ready to go forward without him”.

“Caicedo is a very good guy and I can understand him,” said De Zerbi after Sunday’s last-gasp FA Cup fourth-round win over Liverpool.

“When you are 21 and you receive the request of a big team, they are playing in European competition, I can understand.”

Asked if he was surprised by Caicedo’s social media post, De Zerbi added: Yes, yes I was. I’m not sure if it was him if you know what I mean…”

Pressed on if he thought Caicedo had been influenced by others, De Zerbi said: “Yes, I think so.”

What did Caicedo’s Instagram post say?

Caicedo’s Instagram post read: “I am grateful to Mr Bloom and Brighton for giving me the chance to come to the Premier League and I feel I have always done my best for them. I always play football with a smile and with heart.

“I am the youngest of 10 siblings from a poor upbringing in Santa Domingo in Ecuador. My dream always to be the most decorated player in the history of Ecuador.

“I am proud to be able to bring in a record transfer fee for Brighton which would allow them to reinvest it and help the club continue to be successful.

“The fans have taken me into their hearts and they will always be in my heart so I hope they can understand why I want to take up this magnificent opportunity.”

Caicedo said on Brighton’s official website earlier this week that he was focused solely on his current club.

Trossard has already swapped Brighton for Arsenal in the current window in a deal worth a £27m, but Brighton are determined to keep hold of Caicedo.

Follow the January transfer window with Sky Sports

Who will be on the move this winter? The January transfer window closes at 11pm on Tuesday January 31, 2023.

Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and rumours in our dedicated Transfer Centre blog on Sky Sports’ digital platforms. You can also catch up with the ins, outs and analysis on Sky Sports News.



Source link

Tags: 70MArsenalbidBrightonCaicedoFootballGunnersMoisesNewsrejectedtransfer
ShareTweetShareShare
Previous Post

Apple and Amazon Earnings, a Federal Reserve Decision, January Jobs Data, and More for Investors to Watch This Week

Next Post

Dividend Aristocrats In Focus: NextEra Energy

Related Posts

INEOS now keeping close tabs on “unbelievable” Man Utd target who’s scored 64 PL goals

INEOS now keeping close tabs on “unbelievable” Man Utd target who’s scored 64 PL goals

by Index Investing News
May 23, 2026
0

Manchester United are now battling Chelsea to sign West Ham United star Jarrod Bowen, with the forward likely to be...

Confirmed line-ups for Saudi Pro League title decider

Confirmed line-ups for Saudi Pro League title decider

by Index Investing News
May 21, 2026
0

Al-Nassr can become Saudi Pro League champions with a win against Damac tonight in the final game of the season....

Mariners reinstate RHP Matt Brash from injured list

Mariners reinstate RHP Matt Brash from injured list

by Index Investing News
May 20, 2026
0

Oct 16, 2025; Seattle, Washington, USA; Seattle Mariners pitcher Matt Brash (47) throws in the fifth inning against the Toronto...

Podcaster questions NFL Network reporter’s double standards over Mike Vrabel scandal

Podcaster questions NFL Network reporter’s double standards over Mike Vrabel scandal

by Index Investing News
May 19, 2026
0

The ongoing offseason drama surrounding former The Athletic insider Dianna Russini and New England Patriots head coach Mike Vrabel has...

Mohamed Salah: Jamie Carragher says he isn’t surprised by Liverpool star’s ‘selfish’ comments ahead of final match of season | Football News

Mohamed Salah: Jamie Carragher says he isn’t surprised by Liverpool star’s ‘selfish’ comments ahead of final match of season | Football News

by Index Investing News
May 18, 2026
0

Jamie Carragher says he isn't surprised that Mohamed Salah issued one final shot at Liverpool boss Arne Slot, and labelled...

Next Post
Dividend Aristocrats In Focus: NextEra Energy

Dividend Aristocrats In Focus: NextEra Energy

Ian Somerhalder & Paul Wesley Mourn Annie Wersching – Hollywood Life

Ian Somerhalder & Paul Wesley Mourn Annie Wersching – Hollywood Life

RECOMMENDED

Coco Gauff set to make historical past at Olympics opening ceremony

Coco Gauff set to make historical past at Olympics opening ceremony

July 24, 2024
eToro Assessment 2022: Is eToro Legit?

eToro Assessment 2022: Is eToro Legit?

March 24, 2022
Fed’s three-quarters of a point hike due, but forecast is top focus

Fed’s three-quarters of a point hike due, but forecast is top focus

September 21, 2022
Pakistan reviews FY24 budget in bid to secure IMF deal

Pakistan reviews FY24 budget in bid to secure IMF deal

June 25, 2023
How to think about policy in a polycrisis

How to think about policy in a polycrisis

November 29, 2022
Tories concern Sunak tax row will damage get together at native elections

Tories concern Sunak tax row will damage get together at native elections

April 11, 2022
Synaptics: The Long-Awaited Turnaround (NASDAQ:SYNA)

Synaptics: The Long-Awaited Turnaround (NASDAQ:SYNA)

August 19, 2023
French President Macron in indignant trade with pissed off residents in cyclone-hit Mayotte

French President Macron in indignant trade with pissed off residents in cyclone-hit Mayotte

December 20, 2024
Index Investing News

Get the latest news and follow the coverage of Investing, World News, Stocks, Market Analysis, Business & Financial News, and more from the top trusted sources.

  • 1717575246.7
  • Browse the latest news about investing and more
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • xtw18387b488

Copyright © 2022 - Index Investing News.
Index Investing News is not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Investing
  • Financial
  • Economy
  • Markets
  • Stocks
  • Crypto
  • Property
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

Copyright © 2022 - Index Investing News.
Index Investing News is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In